Educational course on the fundamentals of strategic planning for raising funds.
The course is focused on the strategic planning of raising funds and the strategic development of fundraising in an organisation.
Through presentations, discussions, and group work, as well as videos and other practical demonstrations, course participants will be given information about what is needed for a strategic approach to, and creation of, a strategy for raising funds. Special attention will be paid to so-called fundraising for difficult topics - raising funds for unpopular or controversial objectives.
Specific examples, both domestic and from abroad, illustrating the various approaches to strategic planning will serve as inspirational guides to improving the strategic management of fundraising. The course utilises its lecturers’ lengthy experience and know-how in financing and fundraising for NGOs.
The course is for anyone who:
- Is interested in getting a basic overview of strategic planning of fundraising;
- Wants to take inspiration from new approaches to the planning of fundraising;
- Wants to get practical experience of creating strategies for their organisation.
- The fundraising environment and trends
- Fundraising strategy:
- Organizational pre-requisites
- PEST and SWOT analyses, competition, and market analysis
- Overall direction – Ansoff matrix
- Fundraising target and budget
- Case for support
- Fundraising plan
- Strategic fundraising for difficult topics
- Financial resilience, mobilisation of funds, strategic financing
- Alternative approaches: Business Model Canvas fundraising, Blue Ocean fundraising model, Strategic maps
- Fundraising means leadership
Takeaways for participants
- New information and inspiration for the strategic development of your fundraising;
- Course presentations, presentations from the CEE Fundraising Conference (for an additional fee);
- Expert material/texts on the issues raised in the course, specific frameworks and examples.
Ing. Eduard Marček, MA, PhD.
Eduard has been working in the non-profit sector since 1997, and has rich experience from many consulting and training projects at home and abroad (e.g. strengthening fundraising capacities of non-governmental development organizations in four countries of Central Europe in collaboration with the UK’s Resource Alliance). As a Consultant, he deals with NGO fundraising and financing and cross-sector collaboration. He provided consulting services to a number of domestic and international non-governmental organizations and worked on various analytical studies across Europe. Since February 2018 Eduard works as a Head of Individual Fundraising for Transparency International Slovakia. Eduard is a Co-Founder and Head of the Slovak Fundraising Centre and between 2019-2021 he served as a President of the European Fundraising Association.
Mgr. Katarína Bartovičová
Starting as an activist in 1997, Katarina went on and worked for Greenpeace Slovakia as a Fundraising and PR Manager between 2001-2010. She was in charge of donor acquisition and management, personal income taxes allocations and financial management. She had also volunteered for Amnesty International Slovakia and later became the organisation’s member and president of its Coordination Council. She has been the Consultant for and Deputy Chair of the Slovak Fundraising Centre since she co-founded it in 2009, being mainly responsible for building individual and corporate giving. In 2016 she started working as a fundraising manager at European Digital Rights in Brussels, Belgium, whose goal is to protect human rights and freedoms in the digital environment. She also works as a fundraiser for Post Bellum.